5th June, 2017 is World Environment Day.
World Environment day is recognized as a reminder that today is the day you can make a small change, which will make a big difference!
But what exactly do we classify as the environment and what can you do to help it?
The environment is everything in the world the surrounds us and affects life on earth. This includes water cycles, plants, animals, air, food chains and other humans. Research is continuously being conducted to see what environmental affects are due to climate change, pollution, extinction and other destroying elements. The more that is discovered, the more information we have to make change.
The good news is, you can make a difference! It’s exciting to start a change and teach this change to others. Here are 3 more eco-friendly routines you can undertake in your daily living to start making that change happen.
1. Throw Less Stuff Away
- Use reusable coffee cups, plates, cups, utensils when you have a party or go on a picnic
- Use reusable bags when you go shopping
- Declare a war on waste with clothing – shop at Salvo’s, buy less, buy better quality.
2. Reduce Food & Water Waste
- Food share
- compost or feed it to the worms & chickens
- use the leftovers
- preserve own food and dehydrate food
- only boil what you need
- shower don’t bath
- use grey water and install a water tank for watering
3. Use less Fuel & Drive Less
- bike ride
- walk more
- use public transport
- car pool
- Eat Local/Grow your own food to see less long haul travel
These are only a few things that you can start to do, or you may already be doing many of them. What 3 NEW things will you start doing in 2017 to help the environment?