Take the kitchen to the garden with this year’s Botanical Bazaar competition for festival goers!
We invite you to throw on your Botanical Chef hat and green up an everyday kitchen appliance by transforming it into a garden sensation. Repurpose your utensils and plant inside or on top of an old appliance such as an old toaster, soup ladle, kettle or whatever tickles your frangipani!
Bring your Kitchen Garden Appliance to Country Paradise Parklands in Nerang on Saturday August 3rd between 2pm-4pm.
Creations will be placed on display at Botanical Bazaar garden festival, and a closed judging panel will vote on the entries. The winners will be decided by 7pm that night, with winners notified via SMS and announced at Botanical Bazaar.
There are 3 prizes to be won:
1. Best Garden Gadget – $70 cash to be spent at festival
2. Encouragement Award – $50 cash to be spent at festival
3. Wooden Spoon Award- $30 cash to be spent at festival
All entries receive 1 free adult ticket to Botanical Bazaar (collected at time of submission delivery). Prize vouchers can be redeemed at Botanical Bazaar.
- One entry per person.
- Entry must be dropped at 231 Beaudesert-Nerang Road, Nerang (Country Paradise Parklands) between 2pm – 4pm , Saturday 3rd August.
- Judging is based on aesthetics and creativity at the judge’s discretion.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- A garden theme is what matters most – plants do not necessarily need to be incorporated, but it must have a garden theme!
- Designs can extend beyond the body of the item, but all elements must have a physical connection.
- Total size of entry not to be bigger than 50cm wide x 50cm high (plants can extend over to 80cm).
- Entry must be your own design.
- Creations must be able to sit or be hung for display purposes (if to be hung, you must provide your own backdrop for hanging).